ThermaSkirt – The Worlds’ Smartest Heating System...
Fed up with tiresome, bulky radiators eating up you valuable wall space and creating dust marks on your walls and hot and cold spots in your rooms?
Concerned that Under floor heating would involve too much upheaval, new floor coverings or cutting down your doors and skirtings to accommodate an ‘overlaid’ system and still be slow and unresponsive?
There is however an alternative solution, whether it’s a new build or refurbishment, traditional boiler or a renewable energy technology – ThermaSkirt®.
ThermaSkirt® is a unique, patented aluminium profile, that is not only designed to look like a skirting board but also radiates heat like a radiant panel (or underfloor heating). Warm water pass through hidden pipes moulded into the back of the skirting moulding, heating the front face and thus radiating heat into the room. No fuss, no mess just simple radiant heat all around your room.
Each section of ThermaSkirt panel is joined in the corners with patented push-fit connectors (no soldering or sealants) and then hidden by a complimentary colour matched cover. No mitering, no butt and scribe joints and no mastic.
ThermaSkirt comes with a unique top edge seal to allow painting and re-decorating without masking off or ‘cutting in’ and most designs have a removable cable cover to hide your speaker, data and IT wires out of sight.
Available in a wide range of styles and colours (& even wood grain finishes!) the pre painted ThermaSkirt® can replace your existing radiators in one room, or the whole house if you wish. It can even use your existing radiator pipes.
ThermaSkirt works with traditional boilers, but also with renewables such as heat pumps due to its greater surface area, aluminium construction and better all-around heat distribution, compared to a standard radiator.
Apart from warming your feet, the comfort and feel of a room installed with ThermaSkirt is practically indistinguishable from under floor heating; but without the slow warm up times, disturbing your floor or limiting your choice of floor covering.
Available in a range of sizes, colours and finishes, it is the Skirting Board that Heats your home.
Clean, hygienic heat, maintenance free and no dust marks
There are many products claiming to be ‘skirting board radiators’, but only ThermaSkirt actually looks like a skirting board and heats like a radiator.
Consider ThermaSkirts’ unique (& often patented) features:
- <20mm (3/4") profile – ThermaSkirt is slim enough to butt up against existing door architraves and not protrude. Anything else is a clumsy eyesore.
- The widest range of profiles and finishes – Torus, Lambs Tongue, Ogee, Pencil Round and Bull nose skirtings are all available; in a selection of painted finishes and even Oak & Walnut.
- Superior energy efficiency –ThermaSkirt is the only skirting product to have been independently tested against radiators. (BSRIA test No 51397/1)
- Radiant, hygienic heat like underfloor heating – ThermaSkirt does not have, grilles, slots or fins that collects dust, nor move germs and spores around by air convection.
- ThermaSkirt works just as well with any floor construction or finish – no need to use low tog carpets, engineered timber flooring or in-joist spreader plates.
- Responsive, controllable comfort – ThermaSkirt heats the room in minutes and can be closely controlled on & off, reducing your energy bills.
- Simple above ground installation – ThermaSkirt’s patented push-fit connectors means no soldering, sealants or glueing.
- Low & high temperature flow temperature capability – suitable for conventional boiler systems and renewables such as heat pumps & solar thermal.
- Minimum joints provide aesthetic perfection – unlike other systems, ThermaSkirt is available in up to 6m lengths, meaning walls are covered in a single section.
- Extended warranty – With a serviceable life tested to 40 years, we are happy to provide a 10 year guarantee on the wet parts.
- Lose the trailing cables – Several ThermaSkirt models have a removable cable cover to hide your audio, data and IT cables.
- Simpler redecorating – most ThermaSkirt profiles have a removable top edge seal, making painting and redecorating an easier chore.
- Nationwide service – With over 20 registered installers and 200+ outlets we cover the country.
- More than 15,000 systems installed in the UK alone – nothing else comes close in terms of practically, versatility and style.
- Unique ‘on-board’ TRV controls– only ThermaSkirt can offer a simple, localised mechanical control for an easy retro-fit solution (manifold and wall thermostat options available)
- Mix & Match – do one room at a time or the whole house. ThermaSkirt can work with conventional radiators and underfloor where and as you need it.
- Don’t move; improve! – Did you know that ‘radiator free’ houses command a 10~15% premium over conventionally heated dwellings? (Source: McCaan Erikson, 2001)
EasyClean LST - Hygienic Heat, Controllable Comfort, Safe & Secure
The EasyClean LST range of products have been designed in cooperation with the NHS and major Assisted Living providers as an alternative to traditional LST radiators and covers, overhead radiant panels and under floor heating.
Being a completely sealed radiant skirting trim, it is simple to fit and above all easy to clean in service – usually by the regular cleaning staff when cleaning the floors. This eliminates the need for any deep clean teams, and any necessary corridor and room obstructions, when LST radiator covers are removed for service.
Being naturally low surface temperature, but with a rapid response time on & off, it is a perfect alternative to under floor heating in bedroom and living space environments. No overheating or underheating, and no complaints from staff of tired legs and feet, from standing on heated floors all day.
Being ‘above ground’ but not overhead, it is simple to install or retrofit, and provides the perfect heating pattern for those who might find ceiling heating uncomfortable and behaviour changing.
The EasyClean system has been designed to be robust and reliable, and with a number of patented features to protect persons who might self-harm, or have challenging behaviour that could lead to damage to other fixtures and fittings.
EasyClean LST - Clean & hygienic heat
The EasyClean system comprises an aluminium profile in several sizes, and colours, through which warm water passes by way of 2 or more oval tubes moulded into the back. Despite being only 20mm deep, and thus extremely discreet and unobtrusive, the system is able to heat virtually any occupied space due to the sheer surface area created at low level when skirting the room out.
Consider EasyClean's unique benefits:
- Designed & Developed in cooperation with the NHS – Now part of Procure 21+ program
- Featured in Design in Mental Health Network’s "Better Bedroom" initiative
- Installed in the Iris Murdoch Centre – the UK’s leading research institute into dementia care
- Provides the skirting trim & heating in one – cost effective for new build and refurbishment
- All around comfort for all occupants - anywhere in the room
- Low cost infection control – no deep cleans as simply wiped clean when mopping floors
- Anti- tamper top capping & stainless steel covers – robust and secure for high risk areas
- Hygienic top edge and floor trim – integrates into wall and coved floor coverings
- Safe & secure – no trip or fall hazards and naturally anti ligature
- Rapid response – controllable comfort with no over or under heating
- Simple retro-fit – no disturbing floors or removing pipework
- Completely free walls – to liberate your room design and your furniture layout
- Low surface temperature option – complies with HBN 27 requirements
- Available with contrasting top cap colour – for dementia and mental health care facilities
- Above ground but not overhead – simple maintenance and repair
- No "hot head" issues – suitable for users with learning difficulties or challenging behaviour
- No "dead leg" syndrome – avoids staff complaints relating to long shifts on heated floors
- Choice of controls – local, remote, internet or BMS enabled systems available
ThermaTwin - Solar Hot Water, PV Powered
Originally marketed under the 'Solar Twin' banner, the ThermaTwin solar thermal panel has been in production for over 13 years, and has over 3,000 successful installs.
The secret to ThermaTwin's success is its simplicity, reliability and ease of installation.
Using a unique freeze tolerant, flexible and hygienically approved pipe inside the flat plate solar collector, the ThermaTwin panel takes the drinkable water from the domestic tank and returns it directly back to it as hot water, at up to 80°C.
At a stroke, ThermaTwin eliminates the hidden losses in more complicated solar thermal systems that have glycol (better known as anti freeze) which is 30% worse than pure water for absorbing heat and requires regular level checks and maintenance to maintain performance. By feeding the tank direct, ThermaTwin usually does not need a heat exchanger which again underpins the systems surprising performance and efficacy that simple output temperature graphs cannot really demonstrate.
In addition, the elimination of Glycol from the system makes the water less viscous and easier to pump round; so much so that a small low voltage variable speed DC pump is adequate. A small 'onboard' solar PV panel is thus easily able to provide enough power to run the pump and controls. The Solar PV panel again provides a performance gain not considered when comparing simple output figures with more expensive and complicated flat plate or evacuated tubes that use mains powered pumps and controls.
This makes the entire ThermaTwin system 'off-grid' as it uses the power of the sun to both heat the water and power the pump – something no other system can do. The patented design is thus ideal for properties looking to come off oil or LPG without increasing their electric demand, and is eligible under the Green Deal and RHI schemes.
Nothing is as Reliable as ThermaTwin
Similarly ThermaTwin can be retrofitted onto the 1,000,000's of UK properties that have a perfectly serviceable vented cylinder with practically no modification to the pipe work, and without the need to upgrade to an expensive twin coil cylinder – which would also require an annual inspection to maintain a landlord safety certificate.
Consider ThermaTwin’s unique benefits:
- PV Powered pump and controls means genuine zero running costs
- No glycol means no maintenance or level checks
- Simple controls ensures long life reliability
- Direct to tank design means minimal disruption & costs to install
- Lightweight (<30kg empty) means easier install and minimal roof loading
- Eligible for Green Deal & RHI projects
AquAtticTM - The Roof that Recycles your Rain
AquAtticTM is a unique and UK designed system, specifically developed to make rainwater harvesting simple, energy efficient and above all cost effective. Utilising gravity, AquAtticTM eliminates the problems of traditional ‘in-ground’ rainwater harvesting: namely; costly and disruptive earthworks, multi discipline installation (ground worker, plumber and electrician) and most importantly, the running and maintenance cost of a pump, controls and filters.
By using the redundant space right in the eaves of the roof (even if there is a room or bedroom in the loft) the specially shaped storage tanks provide a safe and durable rainwater recycling system – all in the attic.
Non potable water, such as used in toilet flushing, washing machines and garden maintenance and car cleaning, accounts for up to 50% of every household’s water bill. Imagine – cutting your water bill in half, whilst helping to save a valuable resource.
By capturing rainwater and reusing it, you eliminate the contamination that rainfall absorbs as it passes through the ground (such as limescale in hard water areas) and storm water drain system, which then requires costly and inefficient treatment by your water provider before being pumped miles along leaky pipes back to your home.
Think about this: With the UKs ageing and leaky mains water system typically losing 25% of the expensively processed and treated drinkable quality water before it even reaches your home, and then typically 50% is literally ‘flushed away’; what a costly and inefficient use of the earths most precious (and irreplaceable) resource.
AquAttic - Elegant Rainwater Harvesting
Your tap water is 4 billion years old
What is not often realised is that there is no more water on planet earth now, than there was when the world was formed, more than 4,000,000,000 years ago. It has constantly been recycled and reused as it evaporates, falls as rain, flows into rivers to the sea, and then starts the cycle again. In the middle of this cycle is Mankind, drinking and using it, but never destroying it, but very often polluting, wasting and ignoring its precious value to life.
More than 96% of the Earth’s water is undrinkable sea water, and the ice caps account for a further 3%. That leaves less than 1% of the entire world’s water in rivers, lakes and in clouds for the earth’s population to drink, wash and clean in.
No wonder the experts reckon the next major conflict will be about water...
Consider AquAttic’s unique benefits:
- Utilises unused roof space - even in properties with loft bedrooms
- 'Free' harvesting of rainwater - no electrical pumps or servicing costs
- Minimal Installation costs – no ground works or earth disposal
- Fit & Forget – Self cleaning option provides complete peace of mind
- Simple installation – Utilises industry standard fittings familiar to roofers & plumbers
- Rapid install and commissioning – Complete systems done in under a day
- Extended Warranty – Up to 10 year ltd liability warranty against defect
- Self install or supply & fit packages available
- Nationwide fitting and/or install training